Practice Profile Title
Our practice has been established here in North Sydney since 1983, although we have only been known as Back in Business Physiotherapy since 1997.
Unlike many other physiotherapy practices, we still use our hands, with 40 minute one-on-one, individually tailored sessions. You will not be left alone on a machine.
What you can expect of us.
1. We aim to reduce pain and recurrences by improving your understanding of your condition.
2. A thorough assessment is used to ascertain movement dysfunction. This includes examination of movement patterns, muscle length & strength, as well as quality of muscle activation. Palpation of soft tissue is used to reveal the precise nature of any tightness. Dry needling can be employed along with fascial release techniques to ascertain the gliding of soft tissues as well as ascertain the presence of muscle spasms. Real time ultrasound can be used to confirm the precise nature of fascial gliding restriction. Joint mobilizations are used to assess and treat joint dysfunction.
3. Exercise regimes are designed to treat the specific pathology, but are also used as a self assessment tool for you to manage your pain as well as attain your performance goals.
4. Our diagnostic equipment includes Real Time Ultrasound and surface EMG.
5. Our exercise equipment includes a Pilates Reformer, Swiss Balls, Foam Rollers, Dumbells, Kettle Bells, Weighted Cable Machine, Stationary Bike, Elliptical Trainer, Erg Concept II Rowing Machine, Mini Trampoline, WiiFit, Whole Body Vibration machine, Wind Trainer and Stepper. We also use Theraband and Theratubing.
6. Taping regimes include Sports Tape, Dynamic Taping and Kinesiotaping.
7. We can prescribe Soft Orthotics and Orthoheel Thongs.
8. We also have small group Pilates Classes
Standard consultations are 40 minute sessions and we strive to have you back in business within 3 - 6 treatments.