Home   >   Browse   >   Optometrists   >   SA  >   Adelaide - Central and Hills   >   Prospect   >   Vision and Learning Institute
logo for Vision and Learning Institute Optometrists

Vision and Learning Institute

logo of available times  •  dropdown image

location icon logo 57 Prospect Road, Prospect SA 5082 Australia


The Vision and Learning Institute is a Behavioural Optometry practice. We are one of the few Vision and Learning clinics in Australia. What is Behavioural Optometry? Behavioural Optometry is an expanded area of optometric practice. Your visual status and the way that you interpret what you see does not depend solely on how clear your eyesight is. Consideration must be given to all your visual, visual motor and visual perceptual skills. In this way we will consider the remediation of any eyesight difficulties and the benefits of prevention, protection and enhancement of your visual system in order to improve all aspects of your visual performance. Goals of Behavioural Optometric Care… To develop and enhance the visual skills needed to achieve more effective visual performance at work and play (classroom, sports and work place). To provide appropriate lenses for vision or eye problems that have already developed (eg. eye turn, short or long -sightedness). To prevent vision problems and eye problems from developing. Did you know… Vision develops after birth and is influenced by the visual environment and the individual’s experience. If a person’s visual system has not developed adequately, visually demanding activities may lead to inefficient or uncomfortable vision. Vision’s role is to gather information, sort, analyse, store, match, recall and direct action. Learning is accomplished through complex and inter-related processes. Your eyes and the visual system grow and develop from the brain, making vision a fundamental factor in thinking and learning. Almost 80% of information in the classroom is obtained through the visual system. How efficiently we learn to see will effect how well we do at school and in today’s society, how successful we will be in our chosen career. Over 85% of our clients are less than 15 years of age. The other 15% are adults of all ages and even elite sportsmen/women! ...

Read more

Practice hours

Monday:09:00 am - 01:00 pm

Tuesday:09:00 am - 05:00 pm

Wednesday:09:00 am - 02:00 pm

Friday:09:00 am - 05:00 pm


logo of location icon57 Prospect Road
Prospect SA Australia

logo of mail to make online appointments info@visionandlearninginstitute.com.au

logo of URL to make online appointments visionandlearninginstitute.com.au/

Our Services

- Optometrist
Home   >   Browse   >   Optometrists   >   SA   >   Adelaide - Central and Hills   >   Prospect   >   Vision and Learning Institute