Forest Hill Optometry is a family owned independent optometry practice. It was established 1966 by John Barrett and was formerly known as John Barrett & Associates.
Since 2006 it has been owned and operated by Dr Richard Ross (B.Optom, M.Optom, Post Grad Cert Ocular Therapeutics) who is an experienced optometrist with special interests in contact lenses and treating eye disease. Rick was one of the first optometrists in Victoria trained to use therapeutic medicines for eye disease, and has worked in corporate optometry and in association with specialist ophthalmologists.
Rick and his team provide the full scope of optometric services including;
- Ocular health assessments.
- Refraction, spectacle and contact lens prescribing including rigid lenses and keratoconic fitting.
- Diabetic and cataract reviews.
- Diagnosis and medical treatment of glaucoma.
- Diagnosis and treatment of anterior eye infections, inflammation, allergies, and dry eye complaints.
- Paediatric optometry.
- Foreign body removal.
- Second opinion consultations and co-management with ophthalmologists including pre-operative and post-operative care.